Airframe Mechanical Systems Integration Project Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As an Airframe Integration Project Engineer, you will ensure that the mechanical systems design, integration/installation and test phases are executed in alignment with the customer program needs from technical and time schedule perspective as part of an IPT (Integrated Project Team). You will help the technical and program level management of mechanical systems design and integration to the air vehicle platforms in Skyryse. You will also participate in hands-on work as needed. This position will report to the Technical Project Manager.
- Support the engineers and A&P mechanics for the related IPT in a high tempo work environment
- Support the project management with reporting on process improvement, implementation, risks, and opportunities for the related IPT
- Coordinate the overall mechanical design and installation activities of systems such as sensors, antennas, computers, electromechanical systems to ensure that safety, certification & aircraft design requirements and objectives are met for the project
- Generate and review 3D data, drawings required for any modification needed on the aircraft
- Carry out structural impact analysis work for any modification needed on the airframe structure
- Carry out mechanical design and installation of the systems by considering the weight & CG, structural, zonal analysis and EWIS requirements
- Support generation of BOM of the air vehicle
- Support generation of mechanical systems specifications and system description documents
- Work in a collaborative manner with Avionics Systems Integration IPT Lead
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test, and lines of business as appropriate.
- Masters or PHD degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferably Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering
- Technical experience with the specification, design, installation/integration, test, analysis and certification of mechanical systems and interfaces on aircraft
- Minimum 3 years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Understanding of how Mechanical/Electromechanical/Avionics systems integrate and interact to the overall aircraft
- Experience with development of 3D data of mechanical and avionics/electrical systems based on requirements of systems installation, zonal analysis and EWIS
- Experience with 3D data validation and verification of EWIS installation requirements
- Experience in working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178, DO-160, MIL-STD-810 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standards
- Experience with Solidworks
- Familiarity with Git and JIRA
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity