Robotics Engineering Intern
Refraction AI is on a mission to bring the future of last-mile delivery to life. With our fleet of REF-1 autonomous mobile delivery robots we are growing quickly, propelled by exciting advances in robotics technology, demographics, business models, social and regulatory policies. As consumer expectations and requirements change, so must the services and businesses that serve them. In a sector that is struggling to keep up due to legacy costs, dated infrastructure and poor integration, Refraction AI is a breath of fresh air, demonstrating what is possible with a little innovation, a dash of brilliance, and a whole lot of common sense.
We are looking for summer interns who can operate both independently and in close collaboration with teammates to develop new robotic capabilities quickly and efficiently.
- Evaluate existing perception sensor software on the next generation robotics platform. Duties will include mounting sensors in different configurations, performing data collection, evaluating existing perception software performance, and performing basic calibration of sensors.
- Tune performance of planning and control software stack on next generation robotics platform. Duties will include performing data collection with the platform, model fitting and evaluation.
- Implement simulation model for next generation platform and tune simulation model to match physical robot performance.
- Write C++ and python software unit tests for core robot software components on the next generation platform.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Pursuing a degree in robotics, engineering, or a related field
- Strong C++ and python development, testing and debugging skills
- Linux command line environment proficiency
- Basic fabrication skills with 3D printing or similar technology
- Experience working with physical mobile platforms
- Sensor fusion and calibration including cameras, LIDARs, RADARs, IMUs
- Machine learning for object detection, classification, and tracking
- Real-time path planning and control
- ROS, Cyber, LCM, or other relevant robotic interprocess communication frameworks
- Bazel build system
Reports to: Engineering Leadership
Work Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time, Paid Internship (Hourly, Non-Exempt)
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment: We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safe and Cost Effective Last-Mile Logistics