At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing core accounting functions with an emphasis on revenue. The role will oversee revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, financial reporting, month end close and annual audits. The Assistant Controller will be involved in various process improvement initiatives including system implementations or enhancements, implementation of policies and procedures and documentation of internal controls. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and work closely with cross-functional department leads, and key external partners.
- Partner with the sales team to assist in customer contract negotiations for revenue recognition optimization
- Review customer contracts including identification of non-standard terms and document revenue recognition considerations in accordance with ASC 606
- Develop accounting policies for various areas including revenue recognition, costs to obtain contracts, capitalization of internal-use software, stock-based compensation, and others as needed
- Research technical accounting issues as necessary and document accounting considerations in technical accounting memos
- Identify areas for improvements in processes and systems - assist or lead system automation and implementation projects
- Manage and direct the GL team
- Month-end close including consolidation, preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Serve as the key liaison between external auditors and Nauto - manage the “PBC” list and delegate to appropriate members of the accounting team as well as other cross functional departments as needed
- Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of internal controls
Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years of relevant progressive accounting experience including some combination of “Big 4” public accounting and industry, preferably in a fast growing startup environment.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA with excellent technical accounting knowledge and ability to research issues
- Strong knowledge of revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Demonstrated ability in leading process improvement initiatives
- Experience managing and building teams
- Solid project management skills including attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple high priority tasks
- Proven track record leading cross-functional initiatives and engaging with strategic partners
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with NetSuite is a major plus
Ideal characteristics of the Assistant Controller:
- Enthusiastic self-starter who takes ownership over their work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Expectation to “wear many hats” and support multiple projects
- Excited to take on new challenges and comfortable being uncomfortable - understand that “a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor”
- Independent problem solver
- Proactive and communicative
- Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built to get around safely. We’re not just another app, we’re moving real people and goods and helping to reinvent transportation and logistics
- Beautiful modern workspace. Many perks including cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter