Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager – Implementation Services
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager - Implementation Services to join our customer operations team to lead key customer and client deployment projects, including the definition and delivery of custom professional services. As a senior project manager, your job will be to coordinate all internal and external stakeholders and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and within scope. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a customer’s project organization and timeline. Project manager responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of projects: Set deadlines, produce an overall timeline, develop detailed project plans, manage and communicate with internal stakeholders, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of projects. The successful candidate will work directly with clients and Nauto teams to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope. In addition to excellent management skills, you shall bring strong, relevant technical aptitude and overall business acumen. You should be an excellent communicator and comfortable performing a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as this role will be a key functional subject matter expert for Nauto’s Project Management standards and the continuous improvement of our tools and processes based on project learnings.
- Present new technologies, ideas, and plans to executive-level stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources, customer resources, and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and in accordance within the scope of customer requirements
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders for definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Enable Nauto business value through the leadership of required business process improvements and digital transformation at customers
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion, all while mitigating problems that may arise
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope and schedule.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Provide for the continuous improvement of company project management best practices, processes, and tools
Experience and Skills
- Proven experience as a Project/Program Manager or equivalent functional manager, leading cross-functional teams in the deployment of solutions for enterprise customers
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of GSuite and MS Office
- Expertise in using SmartSheet and/or MS Project
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- BS/BA diploma in management, computer science, information technology, engineering, or other relevant fields
Even better if you have:
- Technical Master’s Degree and/or MBA
- PMP certification or other project management skills accreditation
- Previous SaaS-based or equivalent enterprise implementations completed for Fortune 100 companies
- Relevant experience in deploying fleet and automotive technology to enterprise scale companies
- Management and/or technical consulting experience as an engagement manager at a top-tier consulting firm, leading business process improvement and digital transformation
- Direct, relevant experience working with clients across the organizational span of responsibilities from individual contributors to functional managers to client executives
- Global solutions development and delivery experience
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Exceptional health benefits coverage
- Beautiful modern workspace in Palo Alto
- Cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided.
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- Sharp, motivated co-workers who are shaping the direction of the company
- Fun office environment with frequent planned employee events
- We are a dog-friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter