Software Engineer (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
This role is a remote role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Software Engineering @ May
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to run and communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, or building cloud infrastructure for our data processing, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is responsible for building the tools and systems that run and communicate with our vehicles to support our roboticists, global operations, and platform teams. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier, increasing the efficiency and productivity of other engineering teams.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Design, manage, and scale our real-time and historical data pipelines to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Develop front end interfaces for employees, customers, and riders to visualize data, manage fleet operations, and provide a quality rider experience
- Build and expand libraries and APIs for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets
- Partner with our vehicle autonomy, operations, and platform teams to improve performance and address software needs across the organization
- Write high performance, generic libraries to make our on-vehicle autonomy software as fast and scalable as possible
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Mastery of an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Experience designing, building, and expanding complex software systems with real-time and performance constraints
- Excellent attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 1+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python or C/C++
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you