Senior Manager, Product (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Senior Manager, Product (Hybrid)
About May Mobility
May Mobility is a self-driving technology company working to transform today's mobility landscape, by starting with a niche market–low-speed shuttles for public roadways. Our vehicles are on the streets of Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan and Providence, Rhode Island, navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software @ May Mobility
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, automating cloud infrastructure for our data processing, or creating experiences for customers, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Product @ SDI
We are looking for a Senior Manager to lead the vision and strategy for all software products developed within the SDI group, and to provide direct people leadership to product managers and UX designers on the team. You’ll define product visions and strategies, and be the link between our cross-functional teams (engineering, operations, business development, marketing, customer success, etc.) that execute on the strategies. You’ll also lead experience designers in uncovering deep User Experience insights and define strategic opportunities that leverage them. You and the team will use these insights to define hypotheses, assumptions and experiments for testing them. This role will report into the VP of Software.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Manage and mentor aspiring and experienced product managers
- Define best practices for product managers across the organization
- Create a cohesive vision for all products in the mobility-as-a-service portfolio. Manage one or more products
- Work with customers, internal teams and functions to identify, define and implement solutions for strategic opportunities
- Provide support to product designers and UX researchers working with different product teams
- Be a domain expert and thought leader with deep understanding of the industry to create a compelling competitive advantage in the market
- Leverage excellent communication and leadership skills to evangelize and advocate for key features, working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
- Defining a differentiating vision and strategy for cutting-edge mobility-as-a-service products
- Inspire and lead others to execute on the vision
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading product management for software products
- Prior people management experience
- Prior roles in which you led a cross functional team in achieving a goal
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in Autonomous Vehicles, Machine Learning, Robotics, Internet of Things (IoT) or Mobile Applications, Transportation as a Service
- Experience with Design Thinking principles in the product development process
- Working in a startup
- Creating solutions that disrupt the market
- MBA, Master’s in Human Centered Design or equivalent experience
- Have managed or led Experience Designers
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you