People Business Partner (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a dynamic People (HR) Business Partner to support and enable our business leaders, and their teams to be successful. You will have the opportunity to help iterate collaborative processes alongside the Sr Manager BP, bring new innovative ideas to help support people goals and implement best-practices for performance management, leadership coaching, and organizational design for assigned business units. The ideal candidate is first passionate about PEOPLE!! Secondly, executing on big ideas and bringing out the best in those around them. This role reports to the Sr.Manager Business Partner.
- Provide strategic partnership, consulting, and coaching to business leaders and their teams by aligning our People strategies with the business; while also ensuring employee advocacy and fairness
- Craft and implement creative, data-driven, and progressive talent management strategies tailored to address retention, performance management, and career development needs
- Partner with business leaders to design, manage, improve, and support key People initiatives and programs; including compensation, change management, training, performance management, and organizational design
- Understand May’s business, values, and culture to guide your recommendations and decision-making
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective employee relations investigations
- Serve as a culture ambassador, fostering diversity and inclusion
- Lead and collaborate on various HR projects and initiatives
- Ensure we are in compliance with employment laws
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years as a strategic HR Business Partner, 5 total years of Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Analytically driven, experienced in utilizing qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis
- Intellectually curious about people and organizational issues; you have excellent judgment and a creative solutions-based mindset
- Experience driving key people, programs and processes (performance management cycles, calibration facilitation, compensation planning, coaching, employee relations and conflict resolution, organizational design, etc.)
- Ability to flex your style to build trust and rapport with Leaders, as well as with Individual Contributors
- Impeccable discretion and integrity when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to understand and relate to the agile startup and engineering mindset
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
- Proficiency with Lattice or a similar Performance/Engagement/Growth platform
- Proficiency with ADP or a similar HRIS
- Previous startup experience
- PHR or SHRM certification
- Experience using Google Suite
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you