Senior Mapping Coordinator
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is seeking a Mapping Coordinator to lead development and implementation of processes for the creation and maintenance of operational infrastructure, which enables May Mobility’s geofenced autonomous shuttle operations. In this role, the Mapping Coordinator will co-develop processes to manage testing, version control, and auditing for these proprietary assets, and will advocate for improvements to the tooling with which these assets are created and maintained. The Mapping Coordinator will collaborate closely with Field Engineering Managers, Field Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, and other Operations and Engineering teams at May to implement route and localization maps that allow May’s shuttles to carry passengers safely, efficiently, and autonomously. This role will also collaborate with Field Engineering leadership to develop a functional team for mapping as needs arise.
- Build a strong knowledge of May Mobility route network and localization maps and how they are created
- Become an expert in using May Mobility’s internal tooling used in the development of mapping assets
- Build and maintain May Mobility mapping assets and lead these activities
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the high-level autonomous vehicle system architecture, the implications of its features, and limitations in developing mapping assets
- Create and iterate upon processes for building and maintaining mapping assets
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Testing & Validation, and other functions to build alignment on inter-dependencies, requirements, and controls for mapping assets
- Develop and enforce release processes for mapping assets to enables the autonomous system in safe operation
- Lead mapping projects and activities formally and informally
- Advise, assist, and advocate for the growth and development of the Mapping capability within Field Engineering at May Mobility
Qualifications and Skills
- Some post-secondary education and/or certifications in a STEM-based discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading, both formally and informally, projects and teams of people
- Demonstrated experience and comfort working in multiple computing environments, particularly Linux and/or CLI contexts
- Proficiency using software version control, especially Git
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing safety-critical procedures
- Active U.S. Driver’s license and ability to operate May Mobility autonomous vehicles
- Willingness and ability to do limited travel (up to 10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Technology, or similar discipline
- Proficiency with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence)
- Proficiency with GitLab
- Experience writing, testing, and debugging software in C, C++, and scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Experience working with and/or operating autonomous vehicles
- Knowledge of GIS systems
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you