Field Engineering Manager
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is seeking a Field Engineering Manager to scale the Field Engineering organization in Japan, supporting May’s future ambitions as an international leader in connected, shared, autonomous mobility solutions. The Field Engineering Manager will manage a team of talented and adaptable Field Engineers responsible for performing technical product configuration, project management, and operations launches. The Field Engineering Manager will support Customer Operations & Field Engineering leadership in development of long-term strategy for growth as business needs expand and evolve. This role reports to the VP of Customer Operations, and will closely collaborate with Field Engineering and May Mobility Japan leadership This role will be based in Tokyo.
- Manage a team of Field Engineers to launch, support, and expand AV products and services in-market
- Monitor progress on multiple launch projects, establish project ownership and accountability within the team
- Mentor and coach team leaders more directly responsible for managing day-to-day work and generating outcomes from junior team members
- Collaborate with Field Engineering leadership to define process and best practices for Field Engineering team operations
- Co-lead recruitment efforts and make hiring decisions for future Field Engineering candidates
- Provide mentorship and guidance to both senior and junior Field Engineers, facilitating personal and professional growth
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the international May Mobility organization and its customers and partners
- Advocate for Customer Operations and Field Engineering to other organizations at May Mobility - escalating and giving voice to challenges, roadblocks, deficiencies in the field, as well as triumphs and successes
- Lead efforts in providing relevant feedback to Product and Business Development team to inform future road mapping
- Maintain documentation and task/project tracking using Atlassian products; namely Jira and Confluence
- Demonstrate and maintain exacting standards for the building and maintenance of maps and technical rollout of new autonomous service areas
- Work closely with local operators at each site
Qualifications and Skills
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability communicating highly technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience launching AV products and services
- Experience working in a Linux-based software development environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with basic principles of mobile robotics, autonomous vehicles, and their operations
- Demonstrated experience leading large-scale projects with cross-functional participants
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships across functions
- Ability to operate and drive vehicles
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 40%)
- Valid Japan driver’s license with clean driving record
- Willingness to undergo a driving record check
- Minimum one year experience in a technical engineering and customer or operations-focused role
- Proficient in English language, Native Japanese language
- Master’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in field engineering, sales engineering, or solutions engineering
- People management experience
- Experience leading projects with international stakeholders
- Experience facilitating relationships with customers in the Japanese market
- Experience launching AV products and services in market
- Type 2 commercial and/or large vehicle Japan driver’s license
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you