Business Development Manager (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to grow our business and source, develop, and close commercial opportunities for our transportation service. This role will report to the Director of Sales and Channel Management and have the opportunity to work with stakeholders across Customer Success, Operations, Product, and Engineering.
- Build a qualified pipeline by finding new opportunities for May Mobility in the B2G space and defining which partners to engage and how to engage them.
- Meet with prospects and external stakeholders to understand their needs and challenges. Present May Mobility’s solutions and report key learnings back to internal stakeholders.
- Own, design and execute business development deals. Will require development of supporting materials throughout the sales lifecycle and ability to define compelling win-win partnerships that drive prospects further down the funnel.
- Lead negotiation, drafting of agreements and definition of partnership terms.
- Source RFP and grant opportunities. Work with key internal stakeholders including Director of Sales and Channel Management, Director of Policy and Advocacy, product and engineering teams to write and submit compelling project applications.
- Develop strategic recommendations, targeting strategies and business proposals that grow May’s business.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in business development, sales or transportation or urban planning
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Have demonstrable big “wins” from prior roles
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to travel within assigned region approximately 25-50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Ability to operate and drive May Mobility vehicles
Desirable Qualifications (not required)
- Passionate about the autonomous vehicle space
- Strong understanding of mobility patterns and trends
- Experience with grant writing or RFP writing
- Exposure to working with local, state, regional, or federal government agencies
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you