Release Manager (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticist, perception, behavior, AI, and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team of perception engineers with a background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
The Release Manager is responsible for ensuring we release updates to our Autonomy software safely, effectively, and efficiently. This means you will be responsible for:
- Helping development team leaders and program and product managers reach agreement on what features should be included in which releases
- Own and continually improve the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Collect, manage, and communicate feedback to Simulation and CI/CD tool owners, to ensure that developers have tools that work for what we need
- Work with Testing & Validation team to develop and apply test plans
- A minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience
- Prior experience in a Release Management role for a significant product with a large multi-team development group
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requires a strong mathematical and/or engineering foundation
- Strong programming, code review, and software architecture skills
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as git, valgrind, and gdb
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and support more junior engineers in learning and contributing to robotics development and testing
- Experience in C, C++, and/or Python
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Development (CI/CD) tools: Jenkins, Gitlab, etc…
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you