Lead Robotics Engineer (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. Launched in 2017 with a strong team of experienced roboticists and software engineers with decades of experience fielding robotic systems in the wild, May Mobility is looking to expand its team of robotics engineers with a background in robotics or autonomous vehicles.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
You will have an opportunity to independently impact our approach to solving the most interesting problems facing AV’s today, while operating live in the wild.
- Work independently with cross functional teams to develop software and system requirements
- Design, implement, and test-state-of-the-art robotics software in C
- Lead team code quality activities including design and code reviews
- Track and Trend technical performance of the system in the field
- Provide technical guidance to Technical Support Team on issue diagnosis and resolution
- 5+ years of industry experience working on real-world robot systems including implemented at least two commercial projects working at a systems-level, delivering critical functions that make a robot work successfully in the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Robotics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or a field that requires a strong mathematical and/or engineering foundation (e.g. physics, aerospace engineering)
- Strong programming skills in C, software development in a Linux environmentExperience working on a combination of the following areas:
- Interaction-aware Planning
- Intent prediction
- Policy Optimization
- Computational Geometry
- Object Detection
- Real-time Computer Vision
- Multi-target Tracking
- Sensor Fusion
- Localization, and Mapping
- Machine learning applied to robotics problems
- Familiarity with standard development tools such as git, valgrind, and gdb
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in the development of core robot autonomy capabilities by deeply understanding autonomy issues, designing and developing state of the art solutions, and robustly integrating and testing these solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership in one or both of the following categories:
- Leading by example as individual contributor while mentoring and supporting other engineers
- Leading as a technical manager and individual contributor in a role such as a technical project manager or principal investigator
- Masters or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or a field that requires a strong mathematical and/or engineering foundation (e.g. physics, aerospace engineering)
- Strong background in one of the robotics areas discussed above as demonstrated by developing and delivering to fielded robots multiple capabilities that solve critical problems in robotics
- Demonstrated ability to develop novel solutions to challenging problems including publication and/or patents
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you