Software Engineer, Flight Simulations
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team and participate in architecture design and implementation for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft. This engineer will work closely with the hardware, mechanical, integration, and flight testing teams to design, develop, test and improve system-level behaviors.
We are looking for engineers with direct Flight Simulation skills, as well as C++ generalists who can help work on our core flight framework that flies our aircraft!
- BS in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, and 5+ years of practical experience or a MS and 3+ years of practical experience
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded systems
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- A Positive attitude and a passion for Aerospace!
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work inside of a team.
Simulation Specific Desired Skills:
- Experience with Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI)
- Experience with Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocol
- Experience with Avionics re-hosting
- Experience with 6 Degrees of Freedom (6-DOF) Motion Platforms
- Familiarity with simulation Instructor Operator Stations (IOS)
- Experience with Full Flight Simulators (FFS)
- Familiarity with 14 CFR Part 60
- Exposure to other languages such as: python, C#, C, SQL
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing