Software Engineer, Automated Production Test
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a driven engineer with an ability to understand complex problems and create reliable and repeatable solutions. This engineer will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team. They will participate in architecture design and implementation inside of our systems integration test automation system for our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
Specifically, this role focuses on writing Test Automation and Test Equipment frameworks for functional checkout of line-replaceable units. We are looking for software engineers with strong python skills.
- University degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years full time industry experience
- Strong Python programming experience and an exposure to other languages such as: C++, C#, C, SQL
- Mature understanding of Continuous Integration, Continuous Development (CI/CD) and DevOps tools
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Experience designing and implementing test strategies to assess the reliability of automation frameworks and libraries
- Positive attitude and self-motivated work ethic
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a geographically distributed team
- Ability to work closely with the software development team, and teams in other domains, gathering requirements and feedback.
- Understanding of National Instruments test equipment device ecosystem
- Experience in software development for production test equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of test equipment devices such as but not limited to digital multimeters, digital acquisition devices, power supplies, and switches.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and related tools
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing