Flight Analyst Performance Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The Modeling and Simulation Engineer is part of a highly integrated multi-disciplinary team developing a new generation of aircraft. The successful candidate will help develop, improve and maintain several models used to adequately model the aircraft in a simulation environment. The successful candidate is proficient in modeling, simulation and analysis of various aerospace systems.
- Create and own models in a multi-disciplinary simulation environment
- Lead models validation efforts
- Conduct, analyze and document results of aircraft simulation studies
- Support design and analysis activities to verify business and regulatory requirements will be met with high confidence
- BS and MS or PhD in an Engineering discipline
- 8+ years of multi-physics simulation experience
- Expert in numerical modeling and dynamic simulation of complex aerospace systems
- Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (e.g. MATLAB/Simulink, Python, or Julia)
- Experience building surrogate models based on high fidelity disciplinary simulations
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced design environment
- Works well in teams; can collaborate across multiple groups and disciplines
- Self-motivated, accountable, detail-oriented
- Numerical Optimization experience
- Experience with custom piloted simulators, specifically integration of flight dynamics software with visual systems, avionics and flight control input devices
- Experience with FAA (or equivalent) civil aircraft certification of performance and flight characteristics under Parts 23, 25, 27 or 29
- Experience with system safety analyses
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing