Global Risk & Insurance Manager
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby is seeking a Global Risk & Insurance Manager to be responsible for the strategic planning, implementation, and effectiveness of a comprehensive, company-wide Insurance Program. The Insurance Program will encompass the identification, analysis, implementation, and evaluation of insurance initiatives needed to reduce risk, and prevent and control exposures arising from operations and activities. This position can be based out of Joby’s San Carlos, Santa Cruz, or Marina, CA location. Some part-time remote is possible.
- Serve as the point of contact for all of Joby’s global insurance needs, inclusive of aviation
- Proactively identify risks within the organization and help business teams evaluate insurance products to mitigate as appropriate
- Serve as the strategic and functional leader in building out new insurance programs for the Company’s future business, including interfacing with the Company’s brokers and current and potential future underwriters.
- Lead, plan, manage and oversee the complete renewal process for corporate insurance policies that may include: worker's compensation, general liability, property, umbrella, foreign package, auto, crime, employment practices, directors & officers, and errors & omissions.
- Review limits, deductibles, proposal quotes and renewal terms and make recommendations to senior management and the Board.
- Review leases, contracts and other legal documents to evaluate appropriateness of wording and assure compliance with insurance policies.
- Manage property and casualty loss control issues
- Manage insurance claims in conjunction with broker to reduce costs.
- Prepare and manage the annual insurance budget.
- Manage the Company’s relationship with its insurance brokers.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in corporate insurance at a global company or top insurance broker
- Ideal candidate will have helped place insurance in multiple countries
- Broker relationship experience required
- Develop policies and procedures to meet the organization's objectives, needs, and regulatory body requirements, including SOX compliance
- Detail oriented and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions, solve problems and drive for results
- Proficient in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment as required
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing