Tech Lead, Visualization and Tooling
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking a tech lead for our visualization and tooling team to builds and maintain visualizations and other tools necessary for remote supervision and autonomous vehicle software development. Our visualization and tooling team provides a platform to monitor, review, control, and debug the autonomous driving system, both onboard and offline Ultimately, you will provide support to the engineering teams on visualization tooling during feature development and testing.
Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will guide our efforts to build improved visualization and tooling capabilities from design all the way through to production. We are seeking top minds to lead the development of our capabilities for our autonomous vehicles. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from the R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions.
If you enjoy building developing visualization and tooling platforms, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates, we'd love to talk to you!
- Lead the effort to design and implement visualization tools, dashboards, and utilities to be used to effectively monitor, capture, debug autonomous system states and behavior. These tools are used daily by the developers, testing engineers, and operations.
- Visualize raw sensory input (radar, camera, lidar, GPS/imu) to help with engineering development.
- Design and implement visualizations of the vehicle state, module behavior, environment, and other actors around the vehicle.
- Integrate with the other parts of the in-vehicle software and cloud infrastructure..
- Design and implement utilities and tools to aid with field testing operations (pre-track, field testing, post-testing process automation). Integrate with other work management and automation tools to help with streamlined development-testing-triaging.
- Work with on-site (testing and AVO teams) and off-site (engineers and remote supervisors) stakeholders to document and formalize tooling needs. Work with other software teams to integrate with the other parts of the stack and the middleware.
- 5+ years of relevant industry and technical leadership experience
- Experience with computer graphics (such as OpenGL, WebGL, or OpenSceneGraph)
- Experience with ROS, ROS2
- Experience working with sensor data
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Excellent Python and React.js skills
- Experience with REST APIs and TLS 1.2 standards
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc. ),
- CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Familiar with React/Angular or other common front end frameworks
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile