Tech Lead, Controls
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking a tech lead for our controls team to build and deploy control algorithms for the autonomous vehicle to follow planned trajectories safely and predictably to other actors. Our controls team will improve how our vehicles act and react in complex and nuanced situations including highway speeds, new vehicle platforms and develop and maintain interfaces with the Drive-by-Wire systems.
Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will guide our efforts to build improved controls from design all the way through to production. We are looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Build and improve decision-making and control systems for self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users
- Model vehicle and controller dynamics and use these models to characterize and accelerate controller improvements
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing, and integration
- Good background in control theory including robust controls, disturbance rejection, non-linear controls, system identification, and LQR lateral control
- Experience in modeling vehicle dynamics
- Experience in implementation i.e with tuning, system ID, verification, and validation
- Background in optimization, statistics, linear algebra
- Experience with learning-based methods
- Experience with C/C++ build systems, such as Bazel and CMake
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile