Senior or Staff Software Engineer, Controls
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking senior or staff software engineers to join our controls team in designing and implementing control algorithms for the autonomous vehicle to follow planned trajectories safely and predictably to other actors. Our controls team will improve how our vehicles act and react in complex and nuanced situations including highway speeds, new vehicle platforms and reverse driving and develop and maintain interfaces with the Drive-by-Wire systems.
Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will make vital contributions to our efforts to build improved controls from design all the way through to production. We are looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- Develop control systems for autonomous vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe and smooth
- Develop scalable frameworks to support many types of vehicles and configurations
- Implement distributed software to process vehicle data and perform validation testing
- Design efficient components and optimize existing software for limited compute platforms
- Knowledge of robotics and frameworks such as ROS, ROS2, or LCM
- Linux kernel development experience
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art 3D control simulation frameworks
- Experience with CAN bus
- Experience with SocketCAN
- Experience with C/C++ build systems, such as Cmake/Bazel
- Experience with TDD
- Cloud Experience (AWS, GC, Azure)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working in applied research teams
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile