Senior or Staff Software Architect, Platform
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking a senior or staff software architect for our platform team to make high-level design choices and implement the overall technical standards through the establishment of Gatik’s software practices ‘center of excellence.’ You will serve as the ultimate gatekeeper for autonomous software releases to our testing and operational vehicles based on the standards and processes you design.
The ideal candidate will be a deeply experienced software architect in the robotics or autonomous vehicle industry who is passionate about architecting our platform to support innovative tools and applications for our autonomous vehicles. If you’re an experienced software architect and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates in a rapid-growth environment, we'd love to talk to you!
- Research, design and implement high-level design choices for software coding standards, use of build systems, security considerations & overall standards in software development.
- Proactively identify software improvement opportunities and bottlenecks, propose and lead solutions.
- Responsible for enforcing technical standards in each area described above.
- Guide software team in and ensure adherence to standard software testing frameworks for fail-safe applications.
- Design and document software solutions at all levels of the stack.
- Train and mentor other engineers on design principles applied in our code base.
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience working on large-scale software projects
- Extensive experience in robotics middleware (e.g. ROS, ROS2)
- Experience developing scalable APIs, frameworks, and web apps with the ability to build, launch, and iterate quickly
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression, and latency reduction
- Strong grasp of system architecture principles and patterns
- Experience in managing interdependent repositories and build systems
- Experience with code profiling, analyzing code for inefficiencies and bottlenecks, and overseeing plans to improve them
- Experience delivering critical path production facing code
- Experience building maintainable, testable code
- Experience with TDD, Docker, and modern CI/CD platforms (e.g CircleCI)
- Experience with build systems for C++ (CMake, Bazel)
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile