Senior or Staff Fullstack Developer, Fleet and Telematics
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join us and take a key role in designing and implementing the full-stack operational tools for smart management of our connected fleet of self-driving trucks. An ideal candidate will have relevant end-to-end full-stack development experience from R&D through product shipment. He/she has had plenty of experience in building scalable solutions in collaboration with other engineering and non-engineering teams.
If you enjoy building web applications for vehicle/fleet applications and enjoy solving challenging problems with talented and collaborative teammates, we'd love to talk to you!
- Design, develop and deploy web-based applications and automation solutions using Python as Backend and React.js as front end
- Code, test, debug, document, and implement web applications. Also, mentor and guide fellow team members
- Ensure compatibility of applications across multiple platforms and browsers
- Work directly with cross-functional teams and customers to assess immediate and long-term requirements
- Build reusable codes and custom libraries. Champion continuous improvement processes
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- BS, MS, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science or similar with 4+ years of experience building full-stack web applications and automation solutions
- At least 2 years of working experience with Python micro-frameworks (preferably Flask) and React.js
- Working knowledge of NoSQL Database preferably MongoDB
- Experience with REST APIs and TLS 1.2 standards
- Experience with one or more cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc. ), CI/CD, and system monitoring tools
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile