Senior or Lead Embedded Software Developer, Drive-by-Wire
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
About this role
We are seeking a senior or lead embedded software engineer for our drive-by-wire team with expertise in both C++ and Model-Based Development (Labview, Simulink, or similar) to develop our proprietary Drive-by-Wire (DbW) competency. They will be familiar with developing common embedded architectures used in safety-relevant embedded controllers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with direct experience in developing by-wire systems using known safety standards such as ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ISO EN 13849, or DO-178C and DO-254 for aerospace.
With all this experience under your belt, you are looking forward to the challenge of making something new and building a better system from the ground up using creative approaches. You want to build a team and work with energetic and enthusiastic people. Although you can manage projects and people, you have a strong technical background and can get down in the trenches and get things done.
Through effective collaboration with our engineering disciplines, you will guide our efforts to build improved planning from design all the way through to production. We are looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Develop software for embedded Drive-by-Wire controllers using a combination of Model-Based Engineering and C++ code.
- Implement control algorithms for actuator control.
- Flash code to test hardware using standard tools
- Work with suppliers and systems engineering to define requirements and specifications
- Work with the testing team to develop test requirements including unit tests and integration tests.
- Liaise with suppliers and partners to develop complete requirements and determine solutions
- Liaise with the other software teams to develop and maintain good software practices.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure/DevOps teams on the management and deployment of embedded software in the fleet of trucks.
We’re looking for someone who has…
- BS, MS or higher in electronics, systems, aerospace, software engineering, or similar.
- 5+ years of embedded software development,
- 2+ years of developing software-defined control systems to a high level of safety. This should include knowledge and use of one of the following standards ISO 26262, IEC 61508, ISO EN 13849, or DO-178C and DO-254 for aerospace
- Experience in agile software development methodology in a cross-functional team including hardware and software developers.
It’s preferred if you have…
- Automotive and high-tech experience, and/or an automotive enthusiast
- 2+ years of experience leading a team and have experience in both hardware and software domains
- Experience in by-wire development and testing
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile