Senior MLOps Engineer, Infrastructure / DevOps
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
About this role
Our Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) team builds and maintains the seamless integration between the development and deployment of our Machine Learning models for our prediction and perception software engineering teams. We are seeking a Senior MLOps Engineer to partner closely with our software teams to ensure our advanced ML pipelines are scalable, reliable, and secure.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you love building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates and users, we'd love to talk to you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Subject matter experts (SME) on release and data pipelines
- Work closely with software teams to ensure efficient and reliable vehicle software release pipelines, data pipelines, and ML pipelines
- Build automation and tooling to improve engineering process and efficiency
- Assist in general Devops needs where needed (software packaging, pipeline, administration, etc.)
- System monitoring of services to ensure performance and availability
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Strong working experience in automation (Bash/Python/Terraform/Ansible) and pipelines
- Strong working experience in data pipelines and data management/transformation
- Experience in scaling ML training in cloud and on-prem
- Experience in development on Linux (Python, C++, Bash)
- Strong working experience with Linux and containers
- Excellent in troubleshooting and adapting to new technologies
Its preferred if you have…
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- RTOS, low-latency, real-time software; performance analysis and optimization
- Skilled software developer with fluency in C++
- Practical understanding of PC and server hardware
- Experience with ROS/other robotics middle-ware platforms. Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Experience with static code analysis and code coverage tooling such as Roslin T and cpplint
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture
- Systems and network administration
- Cloud experience (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Working knowledge of security standards and compliance
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile