Senior Engineer, Infrastructure and DevOps
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
About this role
Our Infrastructure / DevOps team builds and maintains our secure, always-available software and hardware backbone that delivers unmatched reliability and performance. We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer to establish the tools, infrastructure, and systems to enable the success of our software teams as we scale our company and operations. The ideal candidate thrives on the curiosity and challenge of new technologies and is highly focused on building an infrastructure that is scalable, secure, and reliable, constantly looking for ways to optimize our systems.
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who would like to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. If you love building scalable, reliable, maintainable infrastructure, and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates and users, we'd love to talk to you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Design, build and maintain highly scalable software build pipelines using cloud and on-prem systems
- Design, build and maintain OTA software deployment systems and procedures
- Ensure a secure yet scalable infrastructure in cloud and on-prem
- Build a robust monitoring system to cover infrastructures in cloud, on-prem, and in vehicle
- Advocate and build using automation and infrastructure as code
- Develop scalable ML training and evaluation pipelines, tools, and infrastructure
- Build and maintain dynamically provisioned cloud and physical development systems
- Collaborate with the hardware engineering team on vehicle compute and network designs and implementations
- Define and build a fully hardened Linux distribution from scratch, compliant to the highest standards, including secure unattended updates, continuous monitoring, and management system
- System troubleshooting across platform and application domains
We’re looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related work experience
- Strong working knowledge in cloud and on-prem computer networks (protocols, routing, firewalls, routers/switches, etc.)
- Skilled software developer with fluency in Python and Bash
- 5+ years of experience in Linux and network administration (cloud and on-prem)
- Experience in CI management and deployment tools like CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Github Actions, etc.
- Expert experience with Linux OS, containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong working knowledge in at least two major cloud providers (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Strong working knowledge with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Knowledge in database management (MongoDB, Mysql, etc.)
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and supporting high traffic, highly-available production services
- Working knowledge building out monitoring and alerting systems (ie. ELK, Datadog, etc.)
- Understanding of cyber security best practices and practical implementation
Its preferred if you have…
- RTOS, low-latency, real-time software; performance analysis and optimization
- Skilled software developer with fluency in C++
- Deep practical understanding of PC and server hardware
- Electrical, mechanical, and robotics knowledge
- Familiarity with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Caffe & Torch
- Experience with ROS/other robotics middle-ware platforms. Middleware experience with RTPS systems such as DDS
- Experience with static code analysis and code coverage tooling such as Roslin T and cpplint
- Deep understanding of GPU architecture
- Working knowledge of security standards and compliance
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile