Middleware Software Engineer, Platform
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
We are seeking a middleware software engineer for our platform team to build and maintain the middleware of our autonomous vehicle platform. Our platform team is the center of excellence for Gatik software practices and the gate-keeper for AV software releases to our testing and operational vehicles.
The ideal candidate will be a talented middleware software engineer with experience in robotics or AV who is passionate about building innovative tools and applications, whether web or native, for our autonomous vehicles. If you’re a middleware pro and enjoy working closely with talented and collaborative teammates in a rapid-growth environment, we'd love to talk to you!
- Design and develop Gatik’s real-time system and application development framework
- Implement the onboard communication layers and the task management subsystem
- Support the autonomy system developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with minimal compute and memory usage
- Develop vehicle software and backend infrastructure systems
- Design robust, high throughput SW to power the autonomy stack
- Lay the groundwork for a large, ever-evolving network of autonomous vehicles operating all over North America
- 2-5 years of relevant industry experience
- Extensive experience in robotics middleware (e.g. ROS, ROS2)
- Experience developing scalable APIs, frameworks, and web apps with the ability to build, launch, and iterate quickly
- Experience with network optimization, especially WebSockets, data compression, and latency reduction
- Background in networking and real-time communication
- Strong grasp of system architecture principles and patterns
- Experience delivering critical path production facing code
- Experience building maintainable, multi-node applications
- Experience with TDD, Docker, and modern CI/CD platforms (e.g CircleCI)
- Experience with build systems for C++ (CMake, Bazel)
- Experience with production facing DL-based code bases
- Experience with CUDA
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices in the Bay Area, Toronto, and Texas, we pursue big goals with a relentless focus. We are builders who focus on delivering for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful debate with aligned action.
Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile