Head of Systems Engineering
Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely, quickly, and efficiently in our fleet of medium-duty trucks, connecting people and communities to the goods they really need. With every delivery, we're making the supply chain more reliable, keeping costs low, driving sustainability, and making the roads safer for all road users.
At Gatik, we believe in establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. In 2021, we launched the world's first fully driverless commercial delivery service with Walmart, a historic milestone that's changing the way we view goods movement forever.
Gatik is a place to learn, lead and grow alongside industry veterans who are defining the future of logistics, and we want you to help us shape the next chapter in our journey.
About this role
We are seeking a Head of Systems Engineering to lead our systems engineering efforts as we develop system and sub-system requirements for the Gatik Autonomous Vehicles based on product requirements and use-cases. The ideal candidate is a professional engineer with extensive experience in systems engineering, with early career experience in hardware or software engineering. Further, the candidate has experience in managing and building systems engineering teams and has managed the disciplines of systems engineering (requirements management, systems integration, and system validation) for both hardware and software and interacting with cross-functional teams.
The candidate should have practical experience in modeling complex systems using tools such as Excel, Python, Labview or Simulink. The person is a generalist within the systems engineering field, analytical in nature, and seeks to understand the problem from the perspective of others in order to determine the best design solution
We seek team members who understand functional safety including standard engineering practices such as V-model development, FMEAs. If this describes you, and you want to work with energetic and enthusiastic people who get down in the trenches and get things done, please consider this opportunity.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to…
- Develop System and Sub-System requirements for the Gatik Autonomous Vehicles from the Product Requirements and Use-Cases
- Work with the Engineering Leads and Safety Leads to determine additional requirements and develop the optimum solution within the design space
- Have a good understanding of System Validation processes and needs.
- Document and track requirements through to implementation and validation using the V-model or W-Model as appropriate
We’re looking for someone who has...
- 5+ years of systems engineering with exposure to system requirements management, systems integration, and validation aspects
- 5+ years of management experience - ideally including managing multiple teams as a department head
- Experience in requirements management includes system design, system requirements generation, definition and modeling
- Experience in system Integration includes building and bringing up prototypes to test designs and validate the hardware and software integration, including building hardware-in-the-loop tests
- Experience in system validation includes ensuring that the system requirements are properly validated and the requirements are met
- Experience modeling complex systems using Excel, Python, Labview, or Simulink. This can be in systems design or validation
- Experience in both hardware and software domains
- Exposure to safety-relevant system design including typical safety standards
- Experience in modern design methodologies for systems engineering processes such as the V-Model and W-Model
It’s preferred if you have…
- 7+ years of varied experience in automotive or aerospace with a startup, OEM or Tier 1
- Experience managing multiple types of systems engineering teams. Particularly both Systems Design and Systems Integration
- Experience in development and validation
- Working with the hardware aspects in addition to software
- Ideally an undergrad degree in a related discipline such as mechanical, electronics or software and then a postgraduate degree in systems engineering combined with relevant experience
Working at Gatik
At Gatik, we bring together extraordinarily talented yet humble people to create a more responsive and environmentally sustainable supply chain. We are builders, united behind a bold vision and shared commitment to our values.
From our offices across North America, we relentlessly pursue big goals with focus and determination. We leverage our diversity to design and deliver what's next for our customers and each other. We recognize that the path toward excellence balances thoughtful solutions with aligned action.
At Gatik, we help deliver goods safely and efficiently in diverse communities across North America. To be successful in our mission we need a diverse team.
Gatik is an equal employment opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Gatik are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Gatik makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required by law. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile