Senior Product Manager
We deliver the promise of autonomy
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by recognized world leaders in autonomy safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
Edge Case Research Values:
The Senior Product Manager Role
You will define the tools that will deliver the promise of autonomy!
Edge Case Research is expanding our Product Development Team. We are currently looking for a senior-level product manager to drive product solutions from problem discovery through delivery. Your work will touch multiple teams and customers as you help build the vision for our suite of systems and safety engineering and risk management products. Ideal candidates will have a strong product management background and the ability to quickly understand our customers’ complex technical needs.
If you are interested in working alongside the most experienced team in autonomous system safety and you have the right skillset, we are interested in hearing from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a champion for products within the company
- Lead customer discovery activities across multiple customers and roadmap initiatives to identify valuable opportunities and to define the right product solutions
- Translate findings into actionable requirements
- Collaborate with product designers to prototype, validate, and iterate usable interfaces
- Collaborate with developers to assess feasibility of feature ideas
- Work across the organization to validate product concepts against strategy and business needs
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment
- Contribute to product strategy as part of our tight-knit product management organization
What You’ll Bring:
- Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
- 5+ years of experience working in software product management
- 7+ years working in software development or other related field
- Strong discovery skills (customer interviews, product analytics, or usability testing, for example)
- Experience working as part of technically-oriented cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation to seek feedback towards producing your best work
- An interest in providing feedback and mentorship to junior PMs
Exceptional Candidates Will Have:
- Additional experience in a relevant technical field (software engineering, systems and safety engineering, for example)
- An understanding of theme-based product roadmaps
- UX design literacy
- Familiarity with financial and business models surrounding B2B SaaS applications, insurance, and/or enterprise tooling.
- Experience with the development of autonomous systems, SaaS delivery, and/or automotive/trucking applications
- Experience with both commercial product development and funded research activities
- Headquarters: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- This position is assigned to the Pittsburgh office.
- European Office: Munich, Germany
- Working remotely is acceptable and can be discussed during the interview process
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Group life insurance
- Snacks and coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich offices
- Flexible working hours with work from home options to support work/life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH