Director of Operations
ChargerHelp, Inc. is a California, USA-based technology company that has developed a mobile application and web-based platform that enables a local workforce to complete site reviews, commissioning, preventative, standard, and emergency maintenance for electric vehicle supply equipment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
ChargerHelp! seeks a collaborative and strategic Director of Operations to oversee the day-to-day of our rapidly growing company. This role is a unique opportunity to define, build, and scale our company's internal operations as we expand our innovative workforce development approach across several markets.
ChargerHelp! is no ordinary start-up (and we love that!). Our work sits at the intersection of workforce development, adult learning, and clean technology. We operate in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our incoming Director of Operations will be empowered to develop a bold and strategic vision for streamlining and scaling our operations and bringing order to our ever-changing environment. We are looking for a hard-working, detail-oriented leader who is operationally and financially savvy, comfortable with ambiguity, and can take on a broad portfolio of responsibilities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Formulates organizational policies and promotes their implementation, and ensures all policies, procedures, programs, and systems are followed.
- Develops and executes ChargerHelp! 's strategic internal operations plan; identifies inefficiencies and opportunities, establishes goals, and creates long-term growth strategies in partnership with the executive team.
- Serves as primary liaison and point of contact for contractors, vendors, and consultants (HR consultant, finance and payroll providers, and legal team), ensuring the successful and on-time completion of projects and deliverables.
- Responsible and accountable for all day-to-day operations of ChargerHelp!
- Oversees a growing team of department managers and coordinates regular feedback, performance management, and professional development.
- Maintains oversight for ChargerHelp! 's operating budgets, contracts, and grants.
- Evaluates overall performance by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data and metrics
- Makes sound decisions affecting operations, including evaluating organizational performance, achieving results, and exceeding expectations.
- Manages the procurement processes and coordinates material and resources allocation across the company.
- Actively participates in the evaluation, recruiting, and employee hiring process.
- Contributes to and amplifies ChargerHelp! 's positive company culture.
- Post-pandemic travel to our deployment sites in 2022 (up to 20%)
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO US:
At ChargerHelp!, we value candidates who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences will help them to contribute to our company. We value experience, transferable skills, passion for the ChargerHelp! mission, and hard work. To that end, no degree or credential is required to apply for the Director of Operations role.
The Director of Operations may be a good fit if you:
- Are incredibly detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills;
- Are a doer and have a proven track record of excellence in building and scaling operations from the ground up;
- Thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission;
- Have experience effectively leading and developing staff; creating a healthy culture of accountability, and possess an ability to tap into your team member's strengths and expertise to set them up for success;
- Are a numbers person and enjoy reviewing financial information and adjusting operational budgets to promote profitability;
- Are a complex problem solver and possess excellent conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills, with experience in tackling a range of strategic and operational issues;
- Can bring a balance of creativity and practical business judgment to issues.
The Director of Operations may not be a good fit if you:
- Thrive in an external-facing position. We need an operations rockstar who is passionate about ensuring ChargerHelp! runs well internally, so our external-facing team can do their best work;
- Prefer to work in a highly-structured environment. As with many start-ups, we are scaling quickly, and the ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment is critical for success;
- Are a "big picture" person. We love big picture thinkers, but the Director of Operations role is ideal for someone extremely detail-oriented who enjoys making our company operate more efficiently and will sweat the small stuff;
- Cringe at the thought of managing finances, budgets, and reviewing contracts (we get it, it's not everyone's cup of tea);
- Don't enjoy multitasking or project management and oversight. This role requires balancing multiple projects and tasks across our entire company. We need someone comfortable pivoting quickly when priorities change and tracking multiple workstrands.
WHY WORK HERE
At ChargerHelp!, we are obsessed with leveraging technology to remove barriers and enabling economic mobility within the communities we operate in and believe that everyone should have access and connection to well-paying careers, that talent should be recruited from non-traditional pipelines, and that bringing your whole self to work is essential to doing your best work. In addition to working in a collaborative, supportive, and mission-driven environment, ChargerHelp! offers the following benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Paid time off (PTO) and holidays
- Participating in stock incentive options
- Professional advancement opportunities
- Remote working with flexible scheduling
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to work at a company where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please complete our application, including your resume and a 3-minute max video telling us about yourself, what makes you unique, and how your experience aligns with the role.
For questions about this role or if you need any assistance with your application, please feel free to email our people team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to viewing your application!
To learn more about ChargerHelp! Please visit www.chargerhelp.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspectives to help make us stronger. ChargerHelp! is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Getting EV Charging Stations and People Back to Work