Data Analytics Engineer
Axle is the all-in-one financial services platform that is rapidly disrupting the $250 billion freight intermediary market. Its proprietary technology allows freight brokers to simplify their financing operations and easily access the working capital they need to grow. Axle automates invoicing, collections, and payments - ultimately delivering a better customer experience. A remote-first company, Axle has been named a Best Place To Work by Built In.
What You'll Do:
- Translates business needs into technical specifications to deliver customized reporting systems.
- Builds data pipelines and infrastructure to support the needs of machine learning and analytics as part of a cross-functional team
- Designs, builds, and maintains automated reporting, dashboards, and analysis to enable teams to self-service data needs.
- Creates data visualizations that illustrate data learnings and insights in an understandable and user-friendly manner through UI / UX design.
- Identifies and interprets trends, patterns, and correlations among various data points.
The impact you’ll make:
- Build out the Data Engineering and Analytics infrastructure for all the disparate data sources to go into the Data Warehouse.
- Establish best practices and conventions to build data pipelines and analytics reports.
- Support internal business stakeholders and external customers on analytics and reporting requests.
What You've Done:
- 2+ years of experience in data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Domo, PowerBI, etc)
- 2+ years of experience building data pipelines on ELT platforms (Matillion, FiveTran, Airbyte, Y42, Stitch, etc)
- 2+ years of experience in SQL
- 1+ year of experience in Python
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or another technical discipline
- Bonus points:
- Has worked in the freight logistics industry for over 1 year
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay + Generous Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote with Quarterly In-Person Retreats
- Home Office Build-Out Allowance
- Professional Development Budget
- Healthcare Coverage Medical/Dental/Vision Expenses
- Phone and Internet Reimbursement
- Wellness/Gym Reimbursement
- 401K Program
We have unlimited PTO, and we mean it! We incentivize employees taking at least 3 day off each quarter, and require each employee to take a minimum of 5 consecutive days off each year.
We see Axle as a constant work in progress, and the same is true of our people: for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We want to work in the company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help others in the short-term and to push them to grow over the long-term.
At Axle, we don’t just accept our differences. We celebrate them. Axle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All-in-One Financial Platform for Modern Freight Brokers