Principal / Senior Software Engineer - IoT
Aperia Technologies is unlocking a new era of efficiency & profitability for commercial vehicle fleets by developing innovative tire inﬂation hardware & analytics solutions. Inventors of the award-winning Halo™ Automatic Tire Inflator and cloud-deployed Halo™ Connect platform, Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of downtime every week and reduces the environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the “backbone of our economy” into the automation age.
Remote position, working Pacific hours.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned software engineer to play a crucial role in the maturation of our Halo Connect platform. From architecture to implementation, your contributions and collaboration with the engineering organization will enable new levels of scalability and drive customer value. Your experience designing and developing systems to manage IoT devices in the field will have a direct impact on our continued success in the market. In a high-communication and hands-on environment, you will be a thought leader in a team of empowered engineers who have passion for the products they work on and care about their users. We look forward to you sharing your expertise and working together to make Halo Connect something we’re all proud of.
- Design, develop, and maintain of new features with a focus on IoT
- Design and implement systems to automatically detect device and service issues
- Provide coaching and mentorship to elevate the level of those you work with
- Contribute to the refactoring and maintenance of existing systems
- Working with other engineering disciplines and field technicians to understand problems, propose solutions and refine requirements
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Master’s preferred (other degrees acceptable depending on experience)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining scalable systems
- Proven experience in designing and developing SAAS products with large install base
- Proven experience in designing and developing systems to manage IoT devices at scale
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services in production environments
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – Professional preferred
- Deep expertise in statically and dynamically typed languages
- A background in mathematics and statistics is a plus
- Demonstrated success showing leadership in remote, highly collaborative environments
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, and driven to learn and improve.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Halo Tire Inflator for Tractors & Trailers