Staff LiDAR Signal Processing Software Engineer
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
We are looking for a smart, experienced and highly-motivated software engineer to lead the signal processing and software development activities of our next-generation lidar systems. The candidate will be responsible for defining the software architecture of the system, for developing a simulation environment from photon-detection to 3D point-cloud generation, and for executing progressive software developments for prototype and pilot systems.
The successful candidate will have a degree in computer science with a focus on statistical signal processing or image signal processing and have at least 7 years of industry work experience, with a strong preference for experience with lidar, radar, or complex imaging instruments. Experience in developing C/C++ applications with a focus on algorithm design and computationally-efficient implementation is required, as well as good knowledge of Matlab. The responsibilities of the job include close collaboration with the project’s hardware team, management of the development cycle, and presentations to the company’s various technical teams.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define the software architecture of the system, including low-level signal processing on FPGAs.
- Co-develop computationally-efficient, robust signal processing algorithms.
- Develop and progressively release versions of the system’s simulation software.
- Develop software requirement documents to meet functional and reliability requirements.
- Progressively develop, validate, and release code versions, including control and synchronization of system modules, user interfaces, and efficient data pipelining.
- Prepare and present code design reviews.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- Experience defining system software architectures.
- Experience developing computationally-intensive simulation environments and converting them for efficient implementation in FPGAs.
- Deep knowledge of C/C++ and formal software design methodologies.
- Good knowledge of Matlab.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- LiDAR or radar experience highly desirable.
- Experience in the automotive space.
- Experience with statistical and/or image signal processing.
- Independent, self-starter, while working in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!