Senior Test Engineer
Become a leader in building a safer future.
AEye is the premier provider of intelligent, next generation, adaptive LiDAR for advanced driver-assistance, vehicle autonomy, and industrial applications that save lives and propel the future of transportation and mobility. We are technology thought leaders who value innovation to create reliable products that save lives. The company's 4Sight™ Intelligent Sensing Platform focuses on what matters most: enabling faster, more accurate and reliable perception for dynamic applications ranging from autonomous driving to intelligent infrastructure, which require precise measurement imaging to ensure safety and performance. AEye was founded in 2013 and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. We believe in a creative atmosphere, with open, collaborative idea-sharing, where all employees are empowered to achieve their potential. Come experience our flexible and collaborative work environment!
AEye, Inc., is looking for an experienced component test and validation engineer who will be responsible for the test definition, execution, reporting and coordination of all Lidar environmental testing for existing- and new product launches.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Define environmental test requirements based on stake holder-/engineering requirements.
- EVT, DVT, PVT test planning and execution.
- Study and recommend applicable test standards when available.
- Manage and coordinate all Lidar and sub assembly environmental test projects.
- When required, lead development of new tests and test methods to improve product design, reliability, and manufacturability.
- Support test equipment design efforts and occasionally manage build of test equipment for new Lidar component tests.
- Support in selecting and sourcing of test contractors based on capability, availability, and cost.
- Analyze test reports and present results with recommendations to management.
- When required create customized test reports and present results.
- Create test equipment calibration plan and execute. Manage calibration contractors when applicable.
- Support some already existing well documented test equipment including calibration.
- Support, and when needed initiate, root cause analysis e.g., 8D process for component test failures.
- Act as a liaison for the transfer of testing process and equipment to contractors when required.
- Communicate testing coverage goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams and management.
- Continuous improvement of the testing process applying automated tests where applicable, optimizing quality, efficiency, and cost.
- Create Lidar component test plans, resource plans, budgets and track the projects to align with the implementation schedule.
- Support component test related issues in quality improvement meetings
- Provide design team with proposal for component environmental test solutions.
Essential Skills & Experience Requirements (required):
- BSEE in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in electronics-, optoelectronics, preferably automotive related product test and validation role.
- Experience in automotive environmental test specifications and standards e.g., GMW 3172, LV124, AEC-Q100 etc.
- Experience in test management tools, JIRA, IBM DOORS test suite, Test stand, Test conductor etc.
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- Demonstrated proficiency with automotive optoelectronics systems product testing.
- Test data collection and analysis experience.
- Experience with MS project, Test Stand, Python scripting preferred.
- Experience with environmental testing of electronic sub- assemblies e.g. ASIC’s or SOCs.
- Ability to travel to supplier sites for monitoring of tests or to discuss test equipment bring up and validation.
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!