Tangram Vision is a mission-driven company devoted to empowering all developers to be perception creators. It’s a tall order, but our whole team is experienced in computer vision and has learned what works (and what doesn’t) in the real world. We’re honing that experience into a one-of-a-kind premium perception offering.
About This Role
Do you want to execute the same old customer acquisition playbook for yet-another-mobile-app? You don’t? Great! Because we’re building tremendously complex technology at the intersection of robotics, sensors, and autonomy (you know...the future). That means we’re building our marketing playbook in realtime. There’s a lot of experimentation, a lot of failure, but also quite a lot of success. To date, we’ve succeeded in building a recognizable brand within the communities of computer vision engineers and perception developers that we serve. Our content is widely read and referenced, and we’re seen as technical thought leaders in the world of robotics and autonomy.
Much of this has been achieved by having our engineering team moonlight as part-time marketers. But now it’s time for us to bring a talented and motivated full-time marketer onboard to accelerate our pace of experimentation, and to own the execution of programs we’ve proven can work.
You Might Be A Great Fit If...
- You like to experiment with and quantify results from new methods and channels
- You believe that a brand can have an engaging voice that both reflects and influences the communities it serves
- You can take complex concepts and explain them in simple and compelling terms
- You get excited thinking about what technology makes possible for the future
Examples of Things You’ll Work On
- Build top-of-funnel programs to drive website traffic and convert website visitors
- Create and optimize landing pages and product pages
- Experiment with marketing channels and campaigns to reach new users
- Drive social media engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, and elsewhere
- Create and optimize digital advertising campaigns
- Assist founding team with building sales enablement materials
- Plan and execute events - both our own, as well as others’
- Work with the founding team to brainstorm and refine brand and product messaging
- Work with the product team on user onboarding and user experience
- Work with our engineering team to drive an editorial calendar of blog posts and media
In our experience, people with the below experiences would show a natural inclination for this role.
- 2 years of professional experience or the equivalent with:
- Growth marketing and/or demand generation, including A/B testing and SEM/SEO
- Social media
- Creative writing - marketing copy and long form (aka blogs)
- Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Webflow a plus
- Familiarity with LaTeX a plus
- Knowledge of developer relations methodologies a plus
Benefits and other Perks...
We’re a startup, aren't there supposed to be pool tables and stuff? We have an ever-growing list of items that we’re looking to provide, here’s what we currently offer.
- We value your health and well-being: Tangram Vision covers up to $400 a month of medical plan costs (chances are we have a plan that will be 100% covered for you), and 100% of dental, vision, and ancillary plans (i.e. life insurance, short-term and long-term disability).
- Employees who choose a medical plan with a health savings account (HSA) also receive a $2,000/year HSA contribution
- Staff have an unlimited PTO balance, with a recommended 4 weeks off per year (1 week per quarter).
- Remote First, Fully Connected: Tangram Vision is a fully remote company; our first five employees span four timezones!
- Company retreats every three to four months in fun, unique locations.
- Weekly team-wide calls keep us connected and grounded
- Open virtual co-working comms every afternoon
- We understand the importance of financial planning: We offer competitive salaries and equity grants. Employees can choose to adjust their compensation for more/less salary vs. more/less equity.
How to Apply...
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- In your cover letter please include how you heard about this role and why you’re interested in this position
- Include any GitHub projects, portfolios, or deployed projects that support your experience
No phone calls please. Tangram Vision will contact qualified candidates directly.
Tangram Vision provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or veteran status. We are committed to establishing a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and abilities to apply. We do not discriminate in our hiring practices and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seek a diverse applicant pool.
About Tangram Vision
At Tangram Vision, we’re building a platform of products that help robotics leaders, engineers, and fleet managers understand their perception systems inside and out at scale. By taking the pain out of working with sensors, we enable customers to focus on building solutions in their problem domains, which range from farming and warehouse logistics to autonomous vehicles and construction.
Trust is the backbone of our team. To build trust, we seek to better understand one another through our conversations, our retreats, our User Manuals, and our written viewpoints.
Trust in your choices, and the choices of others, allows Tangram to be a place of context, not control. Information is created deliberately and shared broadly by default (which means we write a lot of documentation). This has helped keep velocity up at a breakneck speed from day 1.
Dissent and Diversity
Though everyone is decision-oriented, we do so through seeking dissent. The more concerns we hear, and the more varied those concerns are, the better our outcomes become. In this way, diversity and inclusion are more than just good civic practices; they’re vital to Tangram’s success. As a startup, we are committed to keeping diversity and inclusion as a principal pillar behind all we do and how we grow.
Your application has been successfully submitted.