Software Engineer | Full Stack Generalist
Zitara's software spans cutting edge battery science, high performance data infrastructure, complex modeling and learning systems, and safety critical onboard firmware. We're looking for a generalist software engineer who can work in a broad, multidisciplinary environment. You'll contribute to Zitara's product and success working across our stack:
- large-scale data management and ML infrastructure
- physics-based model training
- real-time APIs and embedded systems
- data visualization
- frontend engineering
In this role, you'll be expected to work across technical areas comfortably and learn quickly from team members. You can expect Zitara to provide you opportunities to grow your technical breadth as well as mentor colleagues across functions.
- Understand complex problems across multiple disciplines and apply software engineering methodology to attack them
- Architect software to robustly manage complex technical product challenges
- Work with project management to scope and schedule work
- Work with product management to ensure features meet customer needs
- Write robust, tested code
- Help develop engineering process
- Contribute to design, code, and customer facing documentation
- Bachelors' in CS or similar field
- 2+ years experience in industry software development
- 1+ year experience in at least one of: systems level C, data infrastructure, machine learning, full stack web * development, cloud services, or numerical HPC.
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience shipping a large software product to customers
- Basic software development workflow processes with git
- Experience with project management and agile development
- Clear and effective written and interpersonal communication skills
- Creative problem solving with limited resources and engineering constraints
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Experience in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemistry, or physics
- Working knowledge of control systems (eg PID control or state estimation)
- Data analysis or statistical computing with Pandas or similar tools
Why you should join Zitara Technologies, Inc.
In order to keep climate change to 1.5°C, we’ll need 30% of global GDP (all of energy generation and transportation) to run on batteries by 2035.
Zitara Technologies (YCombinator S20) builds predictive battery management software for transportation and energy customers with large deployments. Their customers operate >$100M deployments of batteries in satellites, EVs, and renewable energy storage installations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real-Time Fleet Management Platform Designed to Improve Lithium Battery Safety and Longevity