Digital Payload Engineer
Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
At Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
The digital payload engineer will be the owner of the satellite processor from selection process through integration with other digital subsystems. They will lead and perform trade studies, analysys and designs for future processors/ICs designs. They will also need to work closely with the software and hardware teams to ensure processing requirements and hardware intereractions meet mission requirements.
Desired Qualifications (not all are expected):
- Experience with UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet interfaces, USB, PCIe, etc. – including implementing drivers for different interfaces in C/C++
- Experience with real time operating systems and/or embedded linux
- Familiarity with System on Chip and System on Module designs
- Familiarity with space capable processors and architectures
- Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation is a plus
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY