Sr Embedded Software Engineer
AEye creates high-performance, adaptive, AI-driven LiDAR systems for vehicle autonomy, advanced driver-assistance, and robotic vision applications. AEye’s software-driven system leverages deterministic AI to capture more intelligent information with less data, enabling faster, more accurate, and more reliable perception for everything that moves. The company is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and backed by world-renowned investors including Kleiner Perkins, Taiwania Capital, GM Ventures, Intel Capital, Continental AG, Hella Ventures, LG Electronics, Aisin, Airbus Ventures, SK Hynix, Subaru-SBI, and Tyche Partners.
AEye is looking for a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer to join the Systems Engineering team within the Product Engineering organization. The ideal candidate will have experience developing embedded software on modern computing platforms for the implementation of complex physical systems. The successful candidate will build tools to enable system characterization work. In addition, the Embedded Software Engineer will prototype new features that push the performance envelope of AEye’s adaptive LiDAR system. After successful prototyping, the Embedded Software Engineer will optimize and deliver the code supporting these features into AEye’s LiDAR product to support automotive functional safety.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with systems engineers, hardware engineers, and algorithm developers to build embedded system software tools aimed to enable system level characterization and debugging.
- Implement new customer-facing software features in embedded system software for both prototype and production code.
- Develop tests to validate functionality and functional safety (unit tests, SIL, etc.)
- Profile performance of code on embedded systems to ensure real-time operation
- Document development efforts and code
Essential Skill & Experience Requirements (required):
- Formal education (BS/MS) in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Software development experience & Skills: C/C++ using Linux and GNU cross compiler tool-chains.
- Familiarity with modern version control systems such as Git.
- Experience in implementing Linux development/build/release environments
- Good communication & collaboration skills
Preferred Skills & Experience (useful):
- In-Depth understanding of the architectural and design patterns of real time embedded systems and multithreaded programming
- Experience and enthusiasm for optimizing algorithm performance
- Demonstrated competency in Python and Matlab
AEye, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status.
AEye, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: AEye will not accept agency resumes for this role. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AEye employees or any other organization location. AEye is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AEye is LIDR!