Customer Success Specialist
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role/Key responsibilities/what you’ll do
As the Customer Success Specialist (CSS) will be the face of Teleo to our customers. Boots on the ground you will work with Mining/Construction customers to maximize the impact of Teleo’s technology.
You will be managing our customers – driving adoption and outcomes leading to renewals, expansion, and advocacy across your portfolio. By building strong relationships with end customers, the CSS will manage accounts from installation, maintenance, support and customer optimization. This includes travel to customer sites, able to understand and comply with all safety conditions each site requires.
You will be the voice of our users and must communicate operational opportunities to our internal teams. You will be the trusted partner for the customer on use-case and product functionality. Will perform systems inspections and troubleshooting, not limited to re-wiring, cable routing, securing parts, etc.
Trains customer staff in safe operation of Teleo Enabled Equipment and must be able to identify any unsafe operating conditions taking appropriate action immediately.
- Experience in industrial fields such as mining, construction, mechanical, equipment operation, equipment servicing, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in any type of customer-facing or people coordination role such as customer support, event organization, account management, team supervision, etc.
- Skilled in operating a computer (checking emails, chat applications, spreadsheets, word documents, etc).
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites (locally with several hours of driving or travel out of state periodically).
- Ability to coordinate tasks and resources and manage time effectively.
- Develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions during robot operation.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Good working with your hands and use of power tools
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- Experience operating heavy equipment is preferred but not required.
- Passion for technology and robots
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of computers systems
- Basic understanding of electrical system
- Experience working with both internal and external cross-functional teams (e.g. Contractors, Partners, Sales, R&D, Marketing, Services)
Majority of time will be spent at customer sites, outside or in a work trailer. This position will require you to work to safety guidelines and may occasionally require climbing up to elevated surfaces, working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, managing varied noise levels, and working on a range of outdoor work surfaces.
Specific vision abilities are required for this job which includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position may require frequent movement and activity using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing. You may be required to occasionally stand for extended periods, operate tools and controls, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Teleoperated Mining & Construction Equipment