Robotics Engineer, Software Integration
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the end to end software integration of Teleo’s core technology.
The most successful engineer in this role will demonstrate passion for the product and seek customer interaction.
In that capacity, you may expect to travel to customers sites during commissioning phases or for extensive software releases
- Bachelor degree in computer science or similar degree with 4 years of experience
- Strong experience developing in Python and preferably in C++
- Scaling: Proven experience deploying software to remote assets (OTA, instrumentation, fragmentation…)
- Team Player: You are instrumental to the integration of code improvements and new features, you feel very comfortable orchestrating priorities across multiple teams
- Product excellence: You have an acute sensitivity to details and seek product stability
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- Master’s degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience working with autonomous vehicles
- Familiarity with ROS/ROS2
- Strong experience using gstreamer or similar multimedia framework
- Strong experience in wireless networks
- Familiarity with autonomy software and its deployment on embedded systems
- Startup experience (hands-on + creative thinker with a Get It Done attitude)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Teleoperated Mining & Construction Equipment