Robotics Engineer, Perception
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the development and deployment of perception algorithms for our autonomous platform.
The most successful individual in this role will have demonstrated not only deep expertise in state-of-the-art perception algorithms but will have significant experience deploying perception stack to production and in particular, compute limited hardware platforms.
- Bachelors in Computer science or relevant degree with 3+ years of experience developing and deploying perception stack
- Experienced in one of the following DNN workflow (Tensorflow, PyTorch, ONNX)
- Extensive experience coding in C++ programming
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of hands-on experience developing software for autonomous platforms
- Expertise in perception algorithms across multiple sensor modalities (Cameras, Lidar, Radar…)
- Expertise in at least 2 workflows (Tensorflow, PyTorch, ONNX)
- Experience deploying DNNs on embedded hardware (Quantization, pruning, compiling for specific hardware platforms...)
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 (or similar middleware)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Teleoperated Mining & Construction Equipment