Robotics Engineer, Path Planning
Teleo is a robotics startup disrupting a trillion-dollar industry. Teleo converts construction heavy equipment, like loaders, dozers, excavators, trucks, etc. into autonomous robots. This lets one operator control multiple machines in parallel unlocking significant returns for the customer while materially enhancing the safety and comfort of the operator.
Teleo is founded by Vinay Shet and Rom Clement, experienced technology executives who led the development of Lyft’s Self Driving Car and Google Street View. Teleo is backed by YCombinator, Up Partners, F-Prime Capital, and a host of industry luminaries. Teleo’s product is already deployed on customer sites and generating revenue.
Teleo has recently raised $XX Million and is looking to grow rapidly. This is an opportunity to build a real customer-impact driven product, work on cool 100,000 Lbs autonomous robots, engineer complex systems at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and get in on the ground floor of a hot startup.
About the Role/Key responsibilities/what you’ll do
Collaborating tightly with Perception Engineers but also Controls Engineers, you will be responsible for implementing and deploying path planning algorithms on Teleo equipped construction machines.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to regularly test your algorithms at Teleo's test facility.
- Bachelors in Computer science or relevant degree with 3+ years of experience developing and deploying path planning algorithms on robotic platforms
- Experience implementing multiple time scale path planning algorithms
- Extensive experience coding in C++ programming
Preferred Qualifications/Bonus Points
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field with 5+ years of hands-on experience developing software for autonomous platforms
- Strong knowledge of control theory, dynamic models, and their calibration
- Experience deploying algorithms on embedded/resource-limited hardware
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 (or similar middleware)
Teleo is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by your hire date to be eligible to start the role. Proof of vaccination will be required by your start date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Teleoperated Mining & Construction Equipment