Senior Hardware Engineer
Who we are:
Solo AVT is building the safest, greenest and most cost-effective long-haul truck – ever. With experienced leaders in the field, we’re building a solution that will upend the logistics trucking industry. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers, technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As a Senior Hardware Engineer, you will design and implement solutions in vehicle CAN Bus architecture, electro-mechanical vehicle subsystems, vehicle-to-vehicle communications, sensor placement and integration. You will be release responsible for hardware components that contribute to driving and operating the Solo SD1 autonomous semi truck. As the team grows, you may be designated as a subject matter expert and will be asked to provide guidance to junior team members. The ideal candidate works well within a diverse team while also being able to operate independently and deliver projects on time and to specification. This candidate is able to solve complex problems by working up from the engineering fundamentals to develop the best solution, regardless of what others are doing or have done. We can’t change the world by doing it the way everyone else has done it! Finally, while we are an engineering driven company, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with our co-workers and partners in both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Solid background in analog, mixed signal, and high-speed digital electronics for automotive systems
- Perform component selection, schematic design, circuit analysis, and simulation (SPICE/SI/PI)
- Work with a cross functional team to meet performance, mechanical, thermal and reliability requirements
- Work with component manufacturers and vendors on new and existing technology for integration into vehicle designs
- System integration and testing
- Work with contract manufacturers to support design transfer to production
- Develop clear documentation of designs, analyses, test plans, and test results
- Experience developing complex hardware systems in automotive and robotics
- Strong PCB schematic and layout design skills, including mixed signal and high-speed design. Preference for candidates with working experience in the Altium Designer
- Working knowledge of standard bench equipment; oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience with design-in of FPGAs, microprocessors, or other complex digital ICs
- Experience with digital communication protocols
- Experience writing robust engineering documentation used by cross-functional teams
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Engineering/EE/ME or equivalent
- 5 + years experience in electronics development
- 3+ years working in a relevant industry like automotive, heavy trucking, or construction equipment
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability insurances.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Physical demands: We are all hands on deck at Solo AVT in our efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily activities could range from a full day of designing components at your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class 8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized components within your daily routine.
Travel required: Subject to periodic travel requirements. Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company’s Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Solo AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solo AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let the hiring manager know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Revolutionizing the Freight Transportation Industry