Senior Project Manager
Who we are:
Solo AVT is building the safest, greenest and most cost-effective long-haul truck – ever. With experienced leaders in the field, we’re building a solution that will upend the logistics trucking industry. You will be working with a highly cross-functional team of systems, software, hardware and vehicle engineers, as well as an incredibly talented team of designers, technicians, and a wide range of other professionals.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Lead
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As a Senior Technical Program Manager at Solo AVT, you will plan, coordinate, and deliver the Solo SD1 semi truck and/or systems and components within the truck from the prototype phase through to production. You will be responsible for developing credible, data-driven schedules and milestones and ensuring that those milestones are met. You will be responsible for leading project meetings and working to facilitate any technical, schedule, and resource trade-off discussions that are critical to the program. The ideal candidate works well within a diverse team while also being able to operate independently and deliver projects on time, to specification and within budget. This candidate is able to navigate complex and ambiguous problems by working with the involved teams to arrive at the best solution. Finally, while we are an engineering driven company, you will need to be able to effectively communicate with your co-workers and partners in both technical and non-technical capacities.
Job Requirements - Essential Skills:
- Develop project plans and milestones for medium to large and complex projects
- Negotiate with the responsible cross-functional teams on deliverables and requirements to meet or exceed project objectives
- Track and communicate project progress efficiently to management and the wider organization
- Identify project risks early by collaborating with cross-functional teams and develop mitigation strategies or options to reduce impact
- Mediate in conflicting situations between the involved parties and negotiate the appropriate resolution
- Contribute to the development of existing company processes
- At Solo AVT we celebrate a hands-on and flexible work philosophy, which we think is required to be necessary for our success. This implies that you might be asked to perform in different functions from time to time to ensure the team achieves the defined goals
- Prefer to have autonomous, automotive, heavy duty truck or charging product development experience
- Managed multiple programs to production
- Deep technical knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines and manufacturing technologies
- Basic knowledge of software engineering and development
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done
- Project management certification is desired but not required
- BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a Technical Program Manager
- 3+ years working in the automotive, autonomy, transportation or other similar industry is required
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Employer-paid group term life insurance.
- Employer-paid Short-term and Long-term disability insurances.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation
- Holidays following the Federal Holiday Schedule.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Physical demands: We are all hands on deck at Solo AVT in our efforts to create exciting change within the trucking world. The ideal candidate will be both adventurous and versatile. Daily activities could range from a full day of designing components at your desk, to full days working in the shop building out huge Class 8 trucks, and everything in between. Each day will be an adventure and you should feel comfortable handling moderately sized components within your daily routine.
Travel required: Subject to periodic travel requirements. Company-related travel expenses reimbursed per the company’s Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Solo AVT, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Solo AVT, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let the hiring manager know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Revolutionizing the Freight Transportation Industry