Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will provide engineering data, instructions, documents (drawings, reports, etc.) and technical support required for fabrication and installation of aircraft structural components.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical Engineering Minimum 5 years aerospace-related engineering experience.
- 1-3 years of experience with Finite Element Modeling and Postprocessing.
- Experience with CAD-CAM software: SolidWorks, MasterCAM, SprutCAM
- Experience with GD&T ASME 14.5M-2009
- Experience with design for manufacturing
- Experience with selecting test equipment, developing test fixtures and procedures
- Experience with aircraft configuration management and conformity experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great communication skills and a high attention detail are required
- Demonstrated familiarity with AC43.13-B
- Prior experience/working knowledge of composite frame and repair
- Hands-on with fly-by-wire aircraft and flight test instrumentation
- Maintenance experience with Part 23 and/or Part 27 certification flight test
- Underpinning knowledge of IPC 610/620
- Knowledge of wiring techniques and best practices (crimping, routing, securing, etc.)
Required Areas of Practical Experience:
- Ability to develop design data for aircraft structural components, systems components, assemblies and installations.
- Provide technical assistance to fabrication shops, production, quality assurance and other departments in interpretation and implementation of design data.
- Have fundamental knowledge of aircraft load paths and structural sizing
- Rapid prototyping experience
- Be able to perform structural and stress analysis.
- Experience with configuration management and change control processes.
- Can develop and document required analysis processes.
- Must be able to perform the research required for completion of task assignments with minimal guidance
A plus, but not required or limited to:
- Pilots license and/or A&P License
- Aircraft homebuilding or other hands-on design or build experience
- Understanding of composite manufacturing and assembly
- Ability to develop and document required analysis processes
- Knowledge of PDM tools
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity