Flight Controls IPT Lead
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
As a Flight Controls IPT Lead, you will lead a team of engineers as part of an IPT (Integrated Project Team) to ensure that the design, development, test and integration phases of Flight Control System Algorithms, analysis and simulation models are executed in alignment with the customer program needs from technical and time schedule perspective. You will help the technical and program level management of building and implementing the control law and guidance algorithms, simulation models of the different air vehicle platforms. You will also participate in hands-on work as needed. This position will report to the Technical Project Manager.
- Perform complex and varied engineering and project coordination of the related IPT for customer programs in Skyryse
- Provide leadership and direction for the engineering staff of the related IPT in a high tempo work environment
- Support the project management with reporting on process improvement, implementation, risks, and opportunities for the related IPT
- Support the generation of subcontractor proposals of the related IPT
- Manage the supplier and/or subcontractor work of the related IPT from technical and program schedule point of view
- Hands-on support in Flight Control System functional algorithms development, design, test and integration phases
- Hands-on support in air vehicle Plant model development including air vehicle specific flight dynamics and systems model developments such as powerplant, landing gear and ground reaction, actuators, etc.
- Support system identification work
- Support simulation model development, HIL/SIL Lab set up and test activities
- Support real-time code generation work
- Support generation of air vehicle CONOPS and system description documents
- Support generation of handling qualities requirements, functional requirements specifications
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as GNC, Perception, Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test, Software and lines of business as appropriate.
- Masters or PHD degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline preferably Aerospace, Mechanical, Mechatronics, or Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Broad technical experience through development, integration, testing and delivering Flight Control Systems algorithms and simulation models
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience in leading technical IPTs
- Experience with Aircraft Control Law specifications, LQR control laws development, analysis, integration, HIL simulation, flight test, and data analysis
- Experience in developing dynamic models of the air vehicle systems, such as actuators, sensors, propulsion, etc in order to provide a fully representative model of the system
- Familiarity with the system identification methods and CIFER tool
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft subsystems and avionics
- Experience in working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- Familiarity with FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standards
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with Git and JIRA
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity