Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
Why this role is mission critical:
To support Skyryse missions, any systems, components, software or technology must be developed with the most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and mostly they are safe to operate. High rigors do not mean non-value added cost, paperwork or aftermath documentations.
In this role, you are responsible for the testing and quality assurance of the Fly-By-Wire software and Display software. You will create, execute and review tests at the high level software requirements level and at the low level software requirements level. In addition, you will be responsible for performing reviews of the high and low level requirements, design and code using checklists. The ideal candidate will be familiar with ARP 4754A, DO178C, DO 331, and DO 330 requirements and capable of facilitating all FAA/DER reviews (SOI-1 to SOI-4).
- Develop and maintain the software certification plans and artifacts
- Code and Test vector generation and testing using MathWorks tools set per DO-331 requirements
- Develop and conduct software flight critical tests and reviews of the Flight Control System and the Display per DO-178C, DO-331 and DO-330
- Work with the DER and systems group towards successful completion of SOI audits
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor's degree in engineering with a minimum of 2 years experience in software engineering in certification of software and systems
- Working experience in DO-178C and other aerospace regulations/processes/standard
- Experience in verifying and certifying Fly-by-wire operational flight software using model based development conforming DO-331
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Experience in developing software test and verification documents
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence organization
- Masters degree in electrical, computer science, mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Experience in design, develop, verify and certify display software per ARINC 661 standards
- Experience with certification of software, systems and subsystems working with DER/FAA
- Experience in developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as software certification plans, compliance reports, and etc.
We also have great benefits:
- The opportunity to change the world
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Skyryse.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity