Director of Product - Cloud Applications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Nauto you can make an impact at a high-impact company. We believe technology can help prevent collisions and save lives with predictive-AI that detects driver state and vehicle surroundings in real-time. More than 90% of car crashes can be attributed to human error. Nauto technology is designed to predict risk and alerts the driver with advance warning to help prevent collisions, improve driver safety, and save lives.
Our customers and prospects include many of the largest commercial fleets in the world along with vehicle manufacturers (OEMs), insurance providers, and autonomous vehicle companies. The company is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, and SoftBank, and is well-positioned for continued growth.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to drive the vision and execution for Nauto’s suite of Cloud applications for optimizing Fleet Safety and Operations. Some of the largest commercial vehicle fleets in the world rely on Nauto’s Cloud Applications every day to help keep their drivers safe while also reducing operational costs. You will be responsible for helping drive Nauto’s business expansion by continuously evolving the product vision of the cloud applications, turning them into reality, and making sure that they help deliver Nauto’s value proposition.
The ideal candidate is someone who is equally proficient in strategic thinking as well as day to day execution and also knows how to build and manage teams while staying hands-on and digging into the details (‘player-coach’). This role is expected to be a key pillar of the product team.
- Create, develop, and maintain the product vision for Nauto’s cloud applications, Fleet app, and mobile app for Fleet app
- Lead ongoing customer research for hypothesis validation and feedback
- Manage and maintain product roadmap for cloud applications
- Create product requirements (PRD) with design and technical counterparts including UI and technical designs and specifications
- Own key customer and partner relationships as the Product point of contact and ensure high quality delivery of expected features and integrations
- Lead x-functional teams, such as, sales, CS, engineering, marketing etc. in driving important product strategy and roadmap decisions
- Transform understanding of customer needs, market trends, and the competitive landscape into innovative new product directions backed by appropriate business analysis Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs)
- Collaborate with product marketing on messaging, positioning and launch activities
- Manage and mentor junior members of the product management team and grow your Cloud applications product team
- 8+ years of proven experience in SaaS product management
- Deep understanding of enterprise SaaS products
- Ability to develop a product vision and have people be inspired by it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in supporting sales in customer deals
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of PMs or business analysts
- Experience in product analytics
- Proficient in running a scrum team and using supporting tools
- Skilled at navigating complex enterprise organizations for product purposes such as customer research, validation, etc
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative research
- Comfortable in analyzing and developing visualizations for big data sets
Nice to have
- Familiarity with automotive, fleet management systems & practices, telematics, IoT
- Data analysis skills such as basic SQL and/or Python would be great & familiarity with analytics tools such as Databricks and Mixpanel
- Experience in one of the spaces we work with: TNC, OEMs, Fleet, Trucking
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Exceptional health benefits coverage
- Beautiful modern workspace in Palo Alto
- Cafe with meals, snacks and drinks provided.
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- Sharp, motivated co-workers who are shaping the direction of the company
- Fun office environment with frequent planned employee events
- We are a dog-friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re a growing team of engineering, product, sales and operations experts working together to make driving safer and smarter