Data Engineer (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming transportation by developing and deploying autonomous vehicles that get people where they need to go-- safely, easily, and with a lot more fun. Our vehicles are on the streets of Grand Rapids, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Arlington, Texas and Hiroshima, Japan navigating complex downtown scenarios and transporting thousands of people on their daily commute every week. We are establishing a ground game that will propel us into even larger markets in the future.
Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, our team develops driverless technology to give people more time to laugh with friends, to solve an interesting problem, or to enjoy the world around them. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today.
Software @ May Mobility
May Software Engineers are changing how the world moves. Whether they’re writing software to communicate with our vehicles, improving tooling for autonomy, automating cloud infrastructure for our data processing, or creating experiences for customers, our software engineers think with a systems level view towards making autonomous vehicles a reality today.
Software and Data Infrastructure Team
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Build state-of-art data distribution, storage and analysis platforms powering experiences for internal and external customers
- Manage and scale our real-time and historical data pipelines to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Contribute to designing and implement data models for optimal storage and retrieval meeting requirements of stakeholders with different needs
- Define, build, and expand libraries and APIs for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets with internal and external partners
- Participate in new technology introduction initiatives for modern data tools and industry best practices
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with distributed technology such as Kafka, Spark, Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, Cassandra
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 2+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in Python, C/C++ or Java
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits (medical / dental / vision / 401k)
- Meaningful stock incentives and equity refresh program
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you