Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high rate production
This position involves developing, testing and deploying algorithms for the guidance, navigation and control of an electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft. The unprecedented control authority and long-range capability of our aircraft pose unexplored GNC problems that require novel and challenging solutions. The engineer will play a key role on a fast-moving team in providing input to conceptual system architectural design and implementation of embedded software to ensure the safety of our electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- Graduate degree in aerospace engineering or a related field.
- 10+ years industry experience developing guidance, navigation and/or control systems.
- Expert knowledge of C++ or MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Expertise in probabilistic estimation theory, nonlinear optimization, and filtering with real world data.
- Expertise in state space and optimal control theory.
- Experience in implementing non-linear control systems.
- Experience in implementing Kalman Filters and sensor failure detection.
- Understanding of DO-178C or safety critical software.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing