Flight Sensors Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The role involves developing, testing and deploying embedded drivers and algorithms for aircraft's flight sensors system, which is responsible for producing navigation and air data for the integrated flight propulsion and control system. The engineer will be part of a small, fast-moving team and contribute to conceptual system architectural design and implementation of embedded software to ensure safety of an electric-powered, fly-by-wire aircraft.
- Develop embedded system architecture
- Develop algorithms to fuse sensor data and monitor sensor health
- Write software for the flight sensors system
- Test algorithms and software
- M.S. or PhD in aerospace/mechanical engineering, computer science, or related field
- 2+ years industry experience in software engineering
- Proficient in C++ and python
- Proficient in object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layer system architectures
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- Comfortable implementing complex mathematical algorithms and bookkeeping schemes
- Eager to learn new techniques and experiment with state-of-the-art navigation technologies
- Familiar with writing efficient, hardware-accelerated code (e.g. SIMD, GPU, or FPGA), especially for digital signal processing applications
- Proficient in Bayesian estimation concepts and Kalman filtering
- Proficient in statistics concepts and statistical data analysis
- Understanding of navigation integrity concepts
- Understanding of DO-178C or safety critical software
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing