Air Taxi Product Manager - IOT
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Air Taxi Products is a rapidly growing team building mission critical software supporting Joby Aviation’s vision to save 1 billion people an hour every day through electric powered flight. As a product manager you will work closely with engineers, designers and a variety of stakeholders internally and externally to build the products needed to power a new era of aviation. These applications touch all parts of the customer and operational experience - from a customer booking a flight to the behind the scenes operations to serve that flight safely and efficiently.
The successful candidate will:
- Have deep customer empathy and be the face of Joby customers internally
- Own a significant slice of the roadmap and to create transformative UAM products
- Operate cross-functionally and build strong partnerships internally and externally across the company
- Gather requirements, determine features, write product specs, refine feedback, help write test plans, manage the backlog, and ship quickly
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- Over 2 years of Product Management experience with customer facing software products from kick-off to launch
- Tactical skills, a proven track record of shipping and supporting simple, elegant products at scale
- Experience defining programs, processes, and using data and metrics to determine customer-facing improvements
- Faced problems with high ambiguity and without a definitive answers
- Background in aviation
- Have experience working closely with internal operations teams
- Have worked on internally facing products
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing